Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Slime Time

I've been reading a blog about creative things to do with children.  It is incredible!  The blog is written by a couple of Stay at Home Moms who have kids ages 3, 2, and 15 months.  These women do amazing things with their children.  Today I decided to try out one of the activities on the blog.  I thought we should start with something easy so Ava and I made slime....or tried to anyway.  I don't think it came out exactly the way it should have.  Ava enjoyed pouring the water and cornstarch into the bowl and she even tried to stir it for about 15 seconds before deciding that the slime would be a delicious thing to eat.  She quickly realized that she could spread our concoction everywhere!  Thank goodness we did this outside. I think she had fun with it.  Ava slimed the steps, the deck floor, her water table, me and herself.  Luckily, Mason thought it was too hot to be outside today.  Otherwise, I'm sure our black dog would be covered in white goo.  I'm hoping to try one activity from the blog each week. 
 For some reason, I didn't think to take a picture anything that was covered in slime.  Next time!



I don't think she was too sure about this

realizing how fun it is to be messy


Stirring...
 
And into the mouth....this became a game.  She thought it was hilarious :)

Right before the slime went everywhere


No comments:

Post a Comment